January 6, 2013 by Bloke In A Kitchen
This is a wonderfully satisfying, tasty and quick recipe that can be rustled up in less than 15 minutes, so it’s great when you’re feeling peckish but short of time. You could of course use spaghetti, and also add a few olives, basil leaves, or improvise with anything hanging around in the fridge. This recipe is just as tasty simply made with olive oil, garlic and chilli.
- 200g linguine pasta (or spaghetti)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- generous splash of olive oil
- 1 red chilli, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 4 cherry tomatoes, de-seeded and chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese (optional), for serving
1. Cook the linguine/spaghetti according to packet instructions, in a large pan of boiling salted water.
2. In a frying pan over low heat, saute the garlic and chilli in the olive oil until golden but not browned. Add the drained pasta and season with the chopped parsley, sea salt and pepper. Toss so that the pasta is thoroughly coated in the olive oil mixture.
3. Serve immediately with freshly grated Parmesan, and a little more parsley.