September 13, 2012 by Bloke In A Kitchen
A simple, delicious and healthy breakfast drink for all the family, as well as being another great way to use up ripe bananas.
Instead of strawberries, you could of course use blueberries, raspberries, whatever soft fruit takes your fancy. Or indeed more bananas. I love making my own smoothies, you can almost feel the rush of vitamins and goodness flowing through your body!
- 225ml (8 fl oz) milk
- 1 ripe banana, thinly sliced
- Approx. 5 large strawberries, halved
- 3 or 4 tablespoons plain yoghurt
- 1 or 2 teaspoons of runny honey – to taste
- Drop of vanilla essence (optional)
In a blender, combine all ingredients. Blend until smooth. Pour into a glass and serve immediately.
Domestic God/Goddess Tip of the Day;
Wash the blender jug, lid and your empty smoothie glass ASAP. Dried yoghurt is an absolute pain to clean off!